Saturday 9 April 2016

Richard Pine: Corfu Is Home



From The Irish Times - Ireland is my old flame, but I’m in love with Greece now

"The terrace is my place of work, bounded by fruit and olive trees and roofed by vines. At night, the mating call of the scops owl and the scent of jasmine. Underfoot, wild oregano and mint yield their fragrance. In the hottest months – July and August, when it can go uncomfortably over 40 degrees – one can sit out until 2am or 3am. Sounds good, doesn’t it? But I still have to earn a living".



Only vaguely related:

The end of the Spanish Siesta? BBC


Three of my own blog postings from the past:

The Typical Greek Day (2012)

Corfu, Islands and Escapism (2013)

In Search of Shade (n.b. changes of management since this posting was written in 2011)










No comments:

Post a Comment