Sunday 15 February 2015

T.S.Eliot: The Centenary of Prufrock, June 2015; Let us go then, you and I




2015 marks the centenary of the first publication of T.S.Eliot's "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" in Monroe, Harriet (editor), Poetry: A Magazine of Verse (June 1915), 130–135.

About Prufrock

Extracts from the poem:

In the room the women come and go
Talking of Michelangelo.

And indeed there will be time
To wonder, “Do I dare?” and, “Do I dare?”



*****

For I have known them all already, known them all:
Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
I have measured out my life with coffee spoons...

*****

I grow old ... I grow old ...
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.


*****

Listen (YouTube)
John Lee Hooker's Intertextual Reference and Blues Commentary



No comments:

Post a Comment