Sunday 24 February 2013

Howlin' Wolf, The Story of the Blues


This video looks truly informative and educational



How many more years


Smokestack Lightnin Live 1964

Psychedelic Wolf? Part 1

Part 2

UK London EP, 1957


Shake for me (YouTube)


Blues from Paradise!


Ted Hughes, from his poem "The Howling of Wolves":


The Howling of Wolves

Is without world.

What are they dragging up and out on their long leashes of sound
That dissolve in the  mid-air silence?
....
The wind sweeps through and the hunched wolf shivers.
It howls you cannot say whether out of agony or joy



Dust My Broom, Library of Congress

Tribute to Howlin' Wolf (song)


4 comments:

  1. I see a beautiful signed Howlin Wolf 78 above. Would this happen to be yours? And would you, by any chance, consider parting with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed my most prized 78! I am very unlikely to part with it, but I am prepared to consider an exceptional offer. It really belongs in a museum. It must be one of the graetest records ever made.

    Let me know your email and I will write.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jim,

    Thanks for message I've just subscribed to your site - are you able to locate my email from that? If not let me know and I'll post it here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Sorry, I checked, but unable to do so. Better post it here.

    Thanks, Jim

    ReplyDelete