Tuesday 23 October 2012

Commons Culture Select Committee, George Entwistle

Did my ears deceive me?

I could swear I heard one of the MPs (Paul Farrelly, MP, Labour, Newcastle-under-Lyme) from the Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee say to the BBC's DG that something related to the Jimmy Savile case should have been obvious even to a "one-eyed Albanian".

I suggest that the House of Commons Select Committee itself needs to be cross-examined on a matter of its own corporate culture and attitudes.

I'm sure I was not the only one 'taking evidence'. I wonder if Hansard will transcribe and publish the comment verbatim.

Members of the Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee:

Clerks: Elizabeth Flood & Sarah Heath
Members: 11
Chair elected: 10 June 2010
Committee nominated: 12 July 2010
Committee contact: 020 7219 6120/4311

Mr John Whittingdale MP (Chair)
Mr Ben Bradshaw MP
Dr Thérèse Coffey MP
Damian Collins MP
Philip Davies MP
Paul Farrelly MP
Steve Rotheram MP
Mr Adrian Sanders MP
Jim Sheridan MP
Mr Gerry Sutcliffe MP(Con)


Panorama programme on "What the BBC Knew" (BBC I Player)


No comments:

Post a Comment