Friday 11 February 2011

P J Harvey, England's Shaken!

The Words that Maketh Murder

Written on the Forehead

The Last Living Rose

See also

BRIDPORT AND THE BLUES

and Ian Whitwham at the Eype Launch

P J Harvey talks to the Dorset Echo about the recording in a Dorset Church (St Peter's Church, Eype) in April/May 2010:

"We recorded it in a church that’s now just used for exhibitions and classical concerts mostly, in Dorset. It’s very remote, on top of a cliff, and has a graveyard, which has trees bent by the wind. It’s a classic, misty surrounding but actually a beautiful place and a place I was very familiar with and often walk through, so it felt a part of me. It didn’t feel very far away from me and I knew that with this body of work I didn’t want to go to London. A city didn’t feel right. I looked at a few studios in Berlin. That didn’t feel right. Then I remembered that the man, who now runs this church as an arts venue, had said to me a few times if I’d ever wanted to use it for a show or rehearsals that he’d love that."

No comments:

Post a Comment