Sunday 21 November 2010

Ted Hughes' Memorial Stone



When I next need a challenge, this must be an interesting Dartmoor walk

http://www.bbc.co.uk/devon/outdoors/walks/ted_hughes_memorial.shtml

The Ted Hughes Memorial Stone 

or, somewhat easier, The Ted Hughes Poetry Trail

Easiest of all, a pint at The Poet Laureate, whilst dipping into his Collected Poems:

Error

"I brought you to Devon. I brought you into my dreamland.
I sleepwalked you
Into my land of totems. Never-never land:
The orchard in the West...
                                     What had happened
To the Italian sun?
Had it escaped our snatch
Like a butterfly off a nettle?
                                      ...The world
Came to an end at bullocks
Huddled behind gates, knee-deep in quag,
Under the huddled, rainy hills..."

                                     (from Birthday Letters)

See Channel 4 news item (6 October 2010) concerning the recently discovered "last letter".

No comments:

Post a Comment