Thursday 28 October 2010

On YouTube

Not everyone likes YouTube. I just had an email from Izzy Young, of Folkore Centre fame, who was one of Bob Dylan's first folk-music gurus (see Bob Dylan's Chronicles, and the December 2010 issue of MOJO magazine- 4 page feature on Izzy and Dylan).




Izzy wrote:
As you know, Jim, I hate YouTube and other means
Of neglecting reality but I’ll make an exception for
An old pal.  I still do things by hand, poor me but
Happy. When some friendly kid comes in to visit
Me I will ask him to deload it for me.

Izzy is probably right about neglecting reality, but in case anybody out there does use YouTube, you'll be amused to know that I've finally learnt how to make a basic YouTube video with Movie-Maker and random still photographs to accompany my own songs. It's quite fun, and I might even get better at it.

In the meantime, you can listen to fourteen songs performed by Corfu Bluesman (nine in new arrangements by Raul Scacchi)  by going to YouTube and typing in

MrHighway49  

(Highway 49 being one of the legendary blues routes) 


Or, for starters, go straight to Graceland!

No comments:

Post a Comment